Permanent magnetic couplings
Magnet systems and permanent magnetic couplings in specific, are an important step to environmentally compatible magnet technology. In cases where highly toxic or aggressive media is used, hermetically sealed drives are inevitable. DST permanent magnetic couplings (standard series, conversion kits and special solutions) offer a reliable alternative to conventional dynamic seals due to their leakage-free transmission in pumps.
The Type Examination Certificate according to ATEX II2GcIICTX confirms that all basic safety and health requirements concerning design and production of components for the intended use in hazardous areas are fulfilled.
This results in a use in the following industrial areas:
- Process engineering
- Chemical industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Food industry
- Industrial furnaces
- Water management
- Dosing technology
Optimally matched to the various media , the wetted parts of the magnetic coupling are made of different materials:
- Standard: 1.4571 and 2.4610 (Hastelloy C-4)
- Steel: 1.4301, 1.4401, 1.4404, 1.4435, 1.4539, 1.4980
- Hastelloy: 2.4602 (C 22), 2.4819 (C 276)
- Titanium: 3.7165 (Grade 5), 3.7035 (Grade 2), Beta C/Grade 19, Ti 6 2 4 6
- Plastic: PTFE, PFA, TFM, PVDF
- Many other special materials on request.
Advantages of Sm2Co17 vs. NdFeB:
- Very high energy product
- High coercivity (resistance to demagnetization)
- Temperature stable up to +350°C
- Very corrosion resistant